Right to Work Training…
Right to Work is an increasing concern for businesses, with the risk of fines and PR headaches for HR professionals who have to know immigration legislation, its practical impact on the workforce and how it clashes with employment law legislation. This course helps you navigate your way through how to handle Right to Work issues, by giving simple, practical advice and tools for you to use in your workplace.
Our experienced trainers will help you understand the myriad of rules, processes and legislation that you must adhere/understand to ensure all of your Right to Work checks meet the Home Office Statutory Excuse. Failure to do so can see fines of up to £20,000 plus the reputational damage that goes alongside that.
The course can be completed on-site or off-site dependant on number of participants.
By the end of this course you will…
- Know the documents required to employ people from EEA and other countries.
- Understand how immigration legislation impacts the employment cycle.
- Know the right to work rules.
- Employment law versus Immigration law issues.
- Understand Settled Status due to Brexit.
- Be certain all the checks your business is making are meeting the Statutory Excuse
What will you learn?…
- How to carry out right to work checks.
- How to interpret the Home Office Checklist.
- How to use the Employer Checking Service.
- Be aware of penalties and how to avoid them.
- How to object to a civil penalty.
- How to terminate an employee with no RTW.
- Understand the different visas.
- The requirements of a Tier 2 visa.
- How to identify fraudulent documents.
- How to use an on line checking system